Skip Navigation to Main Content
Articles and Chapters:
Back to Top of Page
- Hewett, D. 1986 'Understanding Experience.' Cambridge Institute of Education Newsletter No. 5.
- Nind, M. & Hewett, D. 1998 'Interaction as Curriculum.' British Journal of Special Education 15 (2) 55-57.
- Hewett, D. Review and discussion paper on: Gentle Teaching, McGee, J.J. et al, 1988, NY: Human Sciences Press. Journal of British Music Therapy , 2 (2) 55-57.
- Hewett, D. & Nind, M. , 1988, 'Developing an Interactive Curriculum for Pupils with Severe and Complex Learning Difficulties'. In Smith, B. (Ed) Interactive Approaches to the Education of Children with Severe Learning Difficulties. Birmingham: Westhill College.
- Hewett, D. & Nind, M. 1989, 'Interaction as Curriculum at Harperbury School'. PMLD Link 5.
- Nind, M. & Hewett, D. 1989, 'Teaching pupils with very severe learning difficulties by means of Intensive Interaction. Some typical questions and answers.' Portage Into the Nineties Papers from the 1989 National Portage Association Conference. The National Portage Association
- Hewett, D. 1989, 'The Most Severe Learning Difficulties: Does Your Curriculum 1989 "Go Back Far Enough?"' In Ainscow, M. (Ed) Special Education in Change. London: David Fulton.
- Hopkins, D., Bollington, R., Hewett, D. 1989, 'Growing up with Qualitative Research and Evaluation'. Evaluation and Research in Education, 3(2) 61-81.
- Hewett, D. & Nind, M. 1993, 'Returning to the Basics: A Curriculum at Harperbury Hospital School' In: Booth, T. et al, Curricula for Diversity in Education. London: Open University Press/Routledge
- Hewett, D. & Nind, M 1993 'Access to Communication. Intensive Interaction: an approach to helping learners who are still in the pre-speech stages of communication learning.' Information Exchange May 1993.
- Arnett, A. & Hewett, D. 1994, 'Safety First: Violent and Aggressive Behaviour: Principles for Managing Difficult Situations,' Community Care 10th March 1994
- Hewett, D. 1995, Challenging Behaviour. Coursebook: Module 2 Unit 4 'Interdisciplinary Work with People with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties', The University of Birmingham School of Education.
- Nind, M. & Hewett, D. 1996, 'When age-appropriateness isn't appropriate'
1996 In Coupe-O'Kane, J & Goldbart, J. (eds) Whose Choice? London: David Fulton.
- Hewett, D. 1996, 'How to do Intensive Interaction', in Collis, M. & Lacey, P. 1996 (eds) Interactive Approaches to Teaching: A Framework for INSET, London: David Fulton.
- Hewett, D. & Arnett, A. 1996, 'Guidance on the Use of Physical Force' British Journal of Special Education, 23 (3),130-133.
- Hewett, D. 1998, 'Challenging Behaviour is Normal', in Lacey, P. & Ouvry, C. (eds) People with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities: A Collaborative Approach to Meeting Complex Needs, London: David Fulton.